- Our fabulous lodge is at Tukino Ski Field, on the eastern side of Mt. Ruapehu.
- Access is via the Tukino road, turnoff from the Desert Road 25km north of Waiouru. During the winter season access is 4WD only, but mountain transport can be arranged from the 2WD carpark.
- TASC is an excellent base for snow sports, alpine tramping, photography, rock climbing, ice climbing, mountain biking on the access road, or simply relaxing.
- Casual visitors and groups welcome! We are affiliated to the New Zealand Alpine Club, and NZAC members stay at members’ rates and receive member rates on the ski field.
- Become a TASC member Support the club and receive discounted accommodation and ski passes, plus two free summer nights.
Accommodation Rates 2022
The 2021/22 Summer season is underway, winter rates will apply from the beginning of the 2022 ski field operations, usually late July.
|Winter (includes food)||Summer (excludes food)|
|Members||Non Members||Members||Non Members|
Children under 5 are free.
The Tukino Alpine Sports Club is one of three lodges at Tukino Ski Field, at 1700m on the eastern slopes of Mt Ruapehu. Being on the eastern side of Mt Ruapehu, Tukino enjoys relatively calm conditions, sheltered from the prevailing westerly winds, and warm sunshine right from the early part of the day.
We provide affordable and comfortable accommodation on the mountain for our members and guests.
Casual visitors and non-members are welcome. Groups enjoy TASC for the outdoor activities and training exercises.
We think the Tukino area is truly magic. From its position on a ridge, our lodge offers stunning views of Mt Ruapehu to the west and the Kaimanawa Ranges and Lake Taupo to the east and north.
TASC is being constantly upgraded, we prioritise being environmentally friendly and ecologically minded.
We have a vision for the ski field please let us know what you think.
SEE YOU ON THE MOUNTAIN!